Saturday, December 5, 2009

my confession...

that's it. I'm the WORST blogger in the whole entire world! WORST! I haven't blogged for 4 weeks.




My many apologies go out to those who follow our blog. Please don't give up on us! Keep on reading! We have so many amazing things coming up for you!


So why have I put off blogging for so long, you may ask? Well, I'll tell you my dear friends...
Once upon a time, a perfectionist named Melissa was born. And one day, the beforementioned Melissa, realized that her next blog post was her 100th post!!! That's right! 100! Thus, she knew it had to be big. It had to be spectacular. It had to be off the chains! So what did I do?!


I just didn't do it! I couldn't think of anything that deemed itself worthy for my 100th blog post, so I just kept putting it off, week after week. And now the guilt has finally caught up to me and I know I just have to DO IT! Nothing will ever reach my perfectionist expectations for such a monumental post.


So alas, here we go!




MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!! We FINALLY got all of our Christmas cards out, and just in time too! We're moving next week! Not too far though, just about 10 minutes away. Why you may ask? Because we bought a HOUSE! :) Yes, yes we're all grown up now. The house is just perfect for us right now, PLUS we're going to be building a studio in it. So get ready world! Folks Photography is taking over Central Cali! :)




So I guess that goes without saying, we're going to be pretty MIA over these next few weeks. On top of our moving, we have multiple weddings to shoot (some requring plane trips :) AND we're finding out the sex of little baby Folks. So we're gonna be pretty jam packed.


But you guys know how much I love you, so no worries. Now that I have that whole "100th post" pressure off my back, I'll be able to post some off-the-heezy wedding photos :)




And because blog posts aren't nearly as cool without pics, here's our Christmas card for 2009! Happy Holidays everyone!





OH and PS. I know I've reminded you all a million times, but if you are reading this and haven't yet reserved your next event with us (family, wedding, engagements, etc.) scurry on over to FolksPhoto.com and reserve your date NOW! Seriously, I'm telling you, we're booking fast! :) Ok, you guys get it. The end....

8 comments:

  1. the christmas card is adorable! And, congrats on the house!!! Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah-Hah! You two are totally in my ward! I had NO IDEA you were photographers! That's awesome! I am a photog too...well I just stared up my own biz in Oct...so I'm a newbie :)

    www.genasusan.com

    Awesome! Just saying hi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! who took your pics? i love the location and you guys look so dang cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Cristina! Turns out, buying a house is the most stressful thing EVER! They took all our money, and yet we STILL don't have the keys and still can't move in. Ahhh, love it. :) We'll post pics soon tho!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha thanks for stopping by Gena! We actually heard just this weekend that you were the other photog in the ward-- that's so exciting that I have someone to talk about all this stuff with!! :) I looked at your blog-- L.O.V.E! You've got some serious talent little lady. I could probably learn a thing or two from you :) See you around!! Let's shoot together sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA thanks Amanda! I always, always love your comments!! One of our friends I met here through another job actually is an aspiring photog and I asked her if she wanted to try her hang at taking our pics. She did awesome :) The location is on the block that our new house is on actually...TOTALLY downtown chic and rugged. Love it! :) Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. we LOVED your christmas card, thanks for sending us one! it was so fun reading about all your updates :) we miss you guys and can't wait to hear if you're having a little boy or a girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww good thanks C&T! We miss you a ton! Hope you guys are doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete