Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wow. Just, wow.

Apparently I decided to go on a blog-positing hiatus.

Over the past year, I've been struggling a lot with figuring out where my place is. Ever since I was a teenager, I've worked outside of the home to earn my keep. And now that I'm a stay-at-home mom its rough adjusting to no longer bringing home the bacon...but just cooking it.

So I decided to take a year off from everything and teach myself how to be the best stay-at-home mom I could possibly be. I've taught myself how to sew, paint (both home decor and walls), do construction around the home, educate our son with daily hands-on activities, grow a garden, mow the lawn while juggling a toddler outside without a fence, cook more meals from scratch, prepare our family for any emergencies with kits and food storage, walk 2 dogs with our son in-tow, and to teach our soon-to-be 2-year-old moral, values and essential life lessons (ie. tantrums don't get you anything. Sorry kiddo!). Add one-on-one time with the husband and everyday maintenance of a house in there, and I'm just beat. Staying at home IS a full-time job!

You would think that learning all of those things would come easily. After all, staying at home means no boss and getting to stay in your PJs all day, but I've learned that its rough. Although I wouldn't trade it for the world.

So I guess the blog just wasn't a priority during this year. I had much more on my plate, and I had to prioritize. But I feel like we're back in the swing of things now.

We've done quite a bit of photography since I've last posted, and I can't wait to share those events with you! But for now, I wanted to announce our newest upcoming event that we just couldn't be more excited for!

The Vandenberg Spouse's Club at the Vandenberg Air Force Base is hosting a Masquerade Auction Gala, and we've been selected as the official photographers for the event! This means all of you locals with base access or those military members stationed at VAFB or a nearby location should definitely be attending! Come for fun, auctions for items from around the Central Coast, as well as a photography booth (with select props) and candid photos.



To participate in the auction, you must purchase a ticket. Our candid photography services are free, and we will have discounted photo packages available from the photo booth.

We'll see you all at the ball!

1 comment:

  1. i'm excited that you blogged :) and staying at home definitely is a full time job-- and by reading what you do on a daily basis, you are dang good at it!!

    ReplyDelete