Wednesday, May 12, 2010

happy 3 years, baby bump, and out of the office

first and foremost, i want to give a quick shout out to my amazing hubby! on May 2nd, we celebrated our 3 year anniversary together and it was amazing!! i home on friday evening to a surprise-- Matthew whisked me off to LA for an incredible weekend together. We stayed in a 4-star hotel, went to the LA temple with his mission president and his wife, spent some quality time at the Getty Art Museum (AMAZING btw!! Original Da Vinci there right now...just awesome) and then on Sunday after church before we came back home we made a quick stop at the Santa Monica Pier/Beach. It was so fabulous!

Thank you so much Matthew Donald Folks. You are my absolute everything and I am so incredibly blessed to have you in my life. You have made these 3 years unforgettable, and I can't wait to experience eternity with you...

here are some of the pics from our special getaway

Matthew & the Trasks. We LOVE them!!

me at the Getty standing next to my female pal. I've been trying to convince her to gain weight, like me. She's workin on it.

me and the hubs at the Getty gardens. I could have spent all day there-- seriously. Gorgeous.

MDF standing in front of the trees in the Getty gardens that i loved. love love loved. i can get these in my yard, right?

the beach. so nice.

yeah i could have sat at the beach all day. i hate how cold cali water is, but the sand. oh so very nice.

this pic is funny to me bc its of a COMPACT car in a compact spot and an extended cab pickup truck ALSO in a compact spot. Every time I look at this pic the rap from The Office ("Lazy Scranton") pops into my head-- "The compact cars go in the compact spot...spot, spot, spot..." Ok yes I'm an Office nerd. Next topic...


now onward to more news-- 

our little man is due this Saturday (May 15th!). Here's to hoping he's on time...or early ;) But I know we're going to be SUPER busy whenever he finally gets here, so I thought I'd hurry and get this post in!

heres a little slide show of the bump week-by-week-- well, when i remembered to take pictures :) Don't ask me how I'm a photographer-- I never take photos at home. Probably something i should work on...



and here's the latest on the bump-- my very own maternity pics taken by the amazing Gena! Hm, that kind of makes her sound like a magician. Well, she got ME to look FAB in front of a camera, WITH the tons of extra weight I'm packin around. So she pretty much is. Gena, thank you a ton. Seriously. Love these!





 




So I guess this leads us onto our last item of business-- I'm going to be MIA for a couple of months due to the new addition. We'll be back by July though, so if you have any shoots you would like to schedule, please feel free to contact us! We're still going to be taking any print orders, album orders, or scheduling any sessions that you may need! So if you need to contact us, feel free! We are really going to miss all of our amazing clients, but we'll be back so soon! See you in July!!

-Love M&M (and baby Folks!)

3 comments:

  1. i love your maternity pics-- you're beautiful!! that last one of you sitting in the field is my favorite. so so gorgeous! ah and i'm lovin your bump slideshow too (i may have to steal that idea from you!) happy 3 years guys! can't wait to see your beautiful baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful baby mama! Gosh, you have the most gorgeous eyes! Congrats on 3 years, being done with your job, and being closer and closer to having baby Folks here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your pics!! I can't wait to see pictures of the baby!!

    ReplyDelete